Plimpton & Hills Corporation, incorporated on February 28, 1902, was founded by Raymond Hills in Hartford, Connecticut.
The company began as a plumbing, gas, water and steam pipe & fitting supplier to the trade, on the corners of Ann, Jewell and Hicks streets in Hartford, Connecticut.
Soil pipe and fittings in the basement at the Ann Street location in the 1920's.
The office at the Ann Street location in the early 1900's.
In the 1950's, Plimpton & Hills moved from Ann Street to Earle Street in the North Meadows of Hartford.
The sales counter at the Earle Street location in late 1970. Tony Pellegrino, (on the ladder) has worked for Plimpton & Hills since 1978.
Plimpton & Hills moved to it's present 2 Brainard Road, Hartford, Connecticut location in 1984. This location is the Corporate Headquarters, and also houses a Waterware Showroom.
In January, 1996 Plimpton & Hills opened it's second branch, and in May 2004, we moved it to it's present location at 25 Mill River Lane, Springfield, Mass. This location also houses a Ruud Prostock Store.
In August, 1991, Plimpton & Hills purchased a two branch company called Lewin Supply. In 1996, this company was added to the Plimpton & Hills companies as Lewin P&H Supply. Our third branch is located at 148 South Colony Drive, Wallingford, Connecticut, (top picture at left) and our fourth branch, Lewin P&H Supply is located at 146 Kings Highway East, Fairfield, Connecticut (bottom picture at left). This branch also houses a Waterware Showroom and a Ruud Prostock Store.
In May, 1996, Plimpton & Hills purchased a company called ASCO Supply, which became our fifth branch. ASCO P&H Supply is located at 30 Federal Road, Danbury, Connecticut and also houses a Waterware Showroom.
In October, 1996 Plimpton & Hills opened our sixth branch; ASCO P&H Supply is located at 92 Research Drive, Stamford, Connecticut This branch also houses a Waterware Showroom.
In May, 1999, Plimpton & Hills opened our seventh branch at 189 Chestnut Street, New Britain, Connecticut.
November, 2000 brought Plimpton & Hills branch number eight, located at 401 New State Road, Manchester, Connecticut. This location also houses a Ruud Prostock Store.
October 2006 saw Plimpton & Hills opening our ninth branch, located at 210 East Canaan Road (RT. 44) East Canaan, Connecticut.
In April 2007, Plimpton & Hills opened our tenth branch, located at 10 Crissey Road, Great Barrington, Mass. This branch also houses a Waterware Showroom.
March 2009 saw Plimpton & Hills opening our eleventh branch, located at 1415 East Main Street, Torrington, Connecticut.
Mid January of 2011 Plimpton & Hills opened branch number 12, located at 28 Yorkshire Avenue, Pittsfield, Mass. This branch also houses a Waterware Showroom.
In August, 2010 we made our first venture into a Waterware Showroom only branch, number 13, located at 250 Albany Tpke. (Rt. 44) Canton, Connecticut.
For over 100 years, Plimpton & Hills has been the leading supplier of plumbing, heating and HVAC products for residential and commercial applications.
Today, Plimpton & Hills is still family owned, ready to supply our customers with the best products that the industry has to offer.
We continue to grow and refine the practices of maintaining up to date inventories, timely delivery and consistent customer service.
Plimpton & Hills has warehouses in 15 locations that allow us to fully service our customers throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Westchester County, New York.